- The initial view shows live views on the left, and a list of clips on the right.
- Choose from equal video window sizes or one larger than the others
- When you size the main window, the video images size with you.
- Click on a camera view or clip to open it.
- Use your mouse wheel to digitally zoom in and out.
- A status bar at the bottom lets you know what Blue Iris is doing, and provides help when you pass the cursor over windows and controls.
- PTZ (Pan Tilt and Zoom) controls are supported for some IP cameras
- Organize your clips into folders, and automatically archive them to the web, or put them into storage.
- There are controls for playback and stepping frame by frame. A position slider allows random access to any point in the video.
- Digital Zoom and Pan functionality
- Control the speed of playback (audio as well as video) and the audio volume.
- Use the Blue Iris DVR file format to record to and playback video from the same file simultaneously.
- Mark starting and ending points for playback, trimming, or video export.
Video Security Features
- Use motion or audio sensing to trigger recording, or record continuously or periodically.
- Overlay the current date/time as well as a logo or other information
- Optionally record audio
- Use a timer to determine when the system is armed
- Images may be captured as either JPEG images, MPEG movies or Windows Media movies (full version).
- Receive alerts via loudspeaker, email, instant message, voice phone call (with automatic redial), or external program/script
- Run Blue Iris as a Windows service so that only you have control over its operation on a shared PC
- All passwords are stored encrypted
- Built-in multithreaded web server; supports authentication.
- Broadcast MPEG, a JPEG image stream to a Java client applet, or,
- Perform "true" webcasting using leading-edge Windows Media Technologies such as variable and multiple-bitrate encoding (full version).
- View all cameras at once remotely
- PTZ controls accessible remotely in MPEG broadcast window.
- Stream and seek through large clips remotely without downloading the entire file.
- Detailed stats window
- Use Blue Iris's powerful digital Zoom and Pan functionality remotely!
- The default home page allows you to view all of your cameras and captured clips remotely; this page is easily customized.
- Integrated "mini-browser" to test your home page
- Post images to a remote web server; maintain a ring of images; resize for use on cell phones and PDAs.
- Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 2GHz processor or better
- 1GB or more system RAM
- Microsoft Windows XP, Server 2003, Vista, or Windows 7
- Microsoft DirectX version 8.0 or better
- One or more USB, DV (Firewire), or Network IP cameras, or an analog capture card.
- 4 MB or better graphics adaptor with DirectX support drivers.
Purchase a license
The LE version of Blue Iris supports a single camera only; the full version supports multiple cameras, and includes support for Windows Media technologies.