This kit contains four sizes of VEX Spur Gears (12-, 36-, 60-, and 84-tooth gears). The 60- and 84-tooth gears have extra mounting holes for attaching metal bars or parts to these gears when using them as part of a turntable system or similar design.
- Create robot transmissions, gearboxes, and gear reductions.
- Vary the speed or torque of robot motion systems.
- Increase design possibilities for your robots.
This kit contains additional gears so you will always have the right combination available to ensure you can achieve the desired balance of torque, speed, and direction. All the parts included in this kit were also included in the Starter Kit, with the exception of the 84-tooth gear, which is just like the other gears, except with more teeth, which gives you access to even higher (or lower) gear ratios. To expand your inventing possibilities, the 60- and 84-tooth gears have extra mounting holes. These mounting holes can be used for attaching metal bars or parts to these gears when using them as part of a turntable system, or other similar designs. Consult your Vex Inventor’s Guide for building tips and examples on how to use gears to change the speed/torque balance and direction of your robot’s drive train spin.
- Kit Contents
- (4)12-tooth gears
- (4)36-tooth gears
- (4)60-tooth gears
- (2)84-tooth gears
- (1)Inventors Guide Insert
- High Strength Gear Kit
- Metal 12-Tooth Pinions
- Material Type
- Gear Type:Spur
- Diametral Pitch:24
- Pressure Angle:20 degrees
- Face Width:0.250" (6.35mm)
- Face Width:0.25" (6.35mm) for all sizes
- 12-tooth gears:0.5" (12.7mm) Pitch Diameter
- 36-tooth gears:1.5" (38.1mm) Pitch Diameter
- 60-tooth gears:2.5" (63.5mm) Pitch Diameter
- 84-tooth gears:3.5" (88.9mm) Pitch Diameter
- 12-tooth gear0.002 lbs (0.907 grams)
- 36 -tooth gear0.012 lbs (5.44 grams)
- Actual weight one one item (no packaging)
|Inventor's Guide - Gears : Download|