The micro-DRIVE (uDRIVE-uSD-G1) is an extremely compact high performance “Embedded Disk Drive” module that can be easily added to any micro-controller design that requires a DOS compatible file and data storage system. Most micro-controllers have small and limited on-chip memory. For those applications that require large volumes of data, the micro-DRIVE integrates the GOLDELOX-DOS chip onto a tiny “drop-in-module”. A simple serial interface is all that is required to take away the burden of low level design that would otherwise be required for the host controller.
The micro-DRIVE module utilizes off the shelf removable microSD memory cards of up to 2GB of capacity as its medium. A handful of straightforward commands provide direct access to the onboard memory card for storing and retrieving any size or type of data. Access to the card can be at (FAT based) file levels or at raw disk byte levels.
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16) as well as low level access to card memory.
- On board microSD memory card interface and adaptor.
- Accommodates off the shelf microSD removable memory cards up to 2GB capacity.
- Simple serial commands provide full read-write access to the card.
- Easy 5 pin interface to any host device: VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET.
- Serial interface (TTL levels) with auto-baud feature from 300 to 256K baudrates.
- Onboard Status LEDs for power, memory card detection and drive data access.
- 3.6V to 5.5V range operation.
- Tiny footprint: 14.9 x 18.9 x 3.5 mm.
Note: the microSD card is not included.
|Data Sheet : Download|