The compact (0.4"×0.6") D24V3AHV switching step-down (or buck) voltage regulator takes an input voltage between 4.5 and 42 V and efficiently reduces it to a lower, user-adjustable voltage. It has a output voltage range of 4 to 25 V and a maximum output current of 300mA. The pins have a 0.1" spacing, making this board compatible with standard solderless breadboards and perfboards.
These adjustable buck (step-down) voltage regulators from Pololu generate lower, user-adjustable output voltages from a wide input voltage range of 4.5 to 42 V. They are switching regulators (also called switched-mode power supplies (SMPS) or DC-to-DC converters) and have a typical efficiency of 85%, which is much more efficient than linear voltage regulators, especially when the difference between the input and output voltage is large. The output voltage is set using the board’s trimmer potentiometer, with the two D24VxALV versions having an available range of approximately 2.5 V to 7.5 V and the two D24VxAHV models having an available range of approximately 4 V to 25 V. Versions with 300 mA and 600 mA maximum output currents are available.
The following list shows the four versions we offer:
- Pololu step-down voltage regulator D24V3ALV: 2.5-7.5V adjustable output voltage, 300mA maximum output current
- Pololu step-down voltage regulator D24V3AHV: 4-25V adjustable output voltage, 300mA maximum output current
- Pololu step-down voltage regulator D24V6ALV: 2.5-7.5V adjustable output voltage, 600mA maximum output current
- Pololu step-down voltage regulator D24V6AHV: 4-25V adjustable output voltage, 600mA maximum output current
The regulator has under-voltage and short-circuit protection, and thermal shutdown prevents damage from overheating. The board does not have reverse-voltage protection.
- input voltage: 4.5 V to 42 V
- output adjustable from 2.5 V to 7.5 V (D24VxALV) or 4 V to 25 V (D24VxAHV)
- maximum output current of 300 mA (D24V3Axx) or 600 mA (D24V6Axx)
- 550 kHz switching frequency
- 2 mA typical no-load quiescent current (20 μA typical quiescent current with SHDN = 0V)
- integrated over-temperature and over-current shutoff
- small size: 0.6" × 0.4" × 0.16" (15 × 10 × 4 mm)
- weight without header pins: 0.03 oz (0.82 g)