Want to start playing with sensors, but don't know where to start? This kit includes a sensor for just about every job. With everything included in this kit, you'll be able to sense acceleration, distance, compass heading, vibration, humidity, movement, ambient light, temperature, and more! These are our favorite sensors from each category.
This new version of the kit replaces the old version of the BMP085 breakout with the new one!
This huge assortment of sensors makes an amazing gift for that very special electronics geek; they won't be able to thank you enough!
- HMC5883L - Triple-Axis Magnetometer Breakout Board - An accurate, simple-to-use digital magnetometer with an I2C interface.
- ADXL335 - Triple-Axis Accelerometer Breakout Board - Senses acceleration along all three axes, with a range of up to ±3g. Fully analog interface.
- ITG-3200 - Triple-Axis Gyro Breakout Board - Senses angular velocity along three axes of rotation. Fully digital interface with a range of up to ±2000°/s.
- Large Piezo Vibration Sensor - With Mass - A flexible film able to sense for vibration, touch, shock, etc. When the film moves back and forth an AC wave is created, with a voltage of up to ±90.
- Reed Switch - Senses magnetic fields, makes for a great non-contact switch.
- 0.25" Magnet Square - Plays nicely with the reed switch. Embed the magnet into stuffed animals or inside a box to create a hidden actuator to the reed switch.
- 0.5" Force Sensitive Resistor - A force sensing resistor with a 0.5" diameter sensing area. Great for sensing pressure (i.e. if it's being squeezed).
- PIR Motion Sensor - Easy-to-use motion detector with an analog interface. Power it with 5-12VDC, and you'll be alerted of any movement.
- Ultrasonic Rangefinder - Maxbotix LV-EZ1 - Distance sensor with both analog and RS-232 interfaces, providing sonar range information from 6 to 254 inches.
- HIH-4030 Humidity Sensor - A high precision humidity sensor with an analog output.
- IR Receiver Breakout Board - An analog interfaced IR receiver, sensitive to a wide range of IR waves. Great for 'listening' to TV remotes.
- Mini Photocell - The photocell will vary its resistance based on how much light it's exposed to. Will vary from 1kΩ in the light to 10kΩ in the dark.
- Optical Detector/Phototransistor - An all-in-one infrared emitter and detector. Ideal for sensing black-to-white transitions or can be used to detect nearby objects.
- BMP085 Barometric Pressure Sensor - Low power, high precision barometric pressure sensor with I2C output.
- Flex Sensor - As the sensor is flexed, the resistance across the sensor increases. Useful for sensing motion or positioning
- SoftPot - These are very thin variable potentiometers. By pressing on various positions along the strip, you vary the resistance.