PureThermal 1 is the latest innovation in FLIR Lepton® development by GetLab. Get thermal video over USB right out of the box for all of your favorite platforms and hack it to your heart’s content because the firmware is open and the schematic is published.
The PureThermal 1 FLIR Lepton Smart I/O Module is a hackable thermal webcam module for the FLIR Lepton LWIR camera core. It ships pre-configured to operate as a plug-and-play UVC 1.0 USB thermal webcam that will work with standard webcam apps such as VLC Media Player on PC, Linux, Mac, and even Android. For developers and the more curious, its reference firmware and hardware schematic are open-source for customized applications and alternate command, control, and video output channels such as analog. The FLIR Lepton camera core is required for operation but not included in the base unit price since many of our users already have Leptons.
• PureThermal 1 can do 9 Hz color video over usb using the USB UVC class
• STM32F412 ARM microprocessor. Execute on-board image processing without the need for an external system. PureThermal 1 boards made before 3/24/17 contain the STM32F411CEU6 ARM microprocessor and not the 412.
• USB UVC works on Windows, Linux, Mac, and even Android
• Through-holes to solder in and integrate an ESP8622 Wi-Fi module
• TMP007 IR Thermopile contactless temperature sensor for manual Lepton calibration
• Open source reference firmware is on the GroupGets Github
• Flash the STM32 ARM MCU over JTAG through a debug ZIF socket and breakout adapter
• Power is supplied over USB. Battery through-holes are provided along with an on-board Li-ion charger IC
• UART Expansion on 100mill header pads
• I2C Expansion on 100mil header pads
• Compatible with all current 2.x and next-generation Leptons
• Compact form-factor that can be embedded into other modules or inconspicuously housed as a standalone web, research, or security camera
• 4-bit Analog Video Output (with different firmware than main release)
|Dimensions||35mm x 35mm x 10mm|