This revision features a new board layout with an improved ground plane and on-board battery.
Note that the new MediaTek has custom "DIYDrones" firmware that allows the unit to output an efficient and very compressed binary protocol (This firmware will only work with our modules!). You can still change between NMEA and Binary protocol with standard MTK messages, and switch the refresh rate between 1hz to 10hz, or set any standard serial baud rate (by default is set to 38400 bps and custom binary protocol).
An Arduino example for decoding the custom binary protocol is provided. Remember to install the library folder "GPS_MTK" inside the Arduino IDE "libraries" folder "\arduino-00XX\libraries\\". For the most updated code, please go to this page. Once there, download the most recent "ArduPlane X.XX.zip" file; open the "libraries" folder and then "AP_GPS" where you'll find the most recent code.
- On-board battery
- Improved ground plane and board layout.
- The state-of-the-art 66 channels MediaTek MT3329 GPS Engine
- High sensitivity: Up to -165dBm tracking, superior urban performance
- USB/UART Interface
- Build-in patch antenna for optimal sensitivity
- DGPS(WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS) support (optional by firmware)
- Maximum update rate : up to 10Hz (optional by firmware)
- Based on MediaTek Single Chip Architecture.
- Dimension:38mm x 38mm x 7.8mm
- L1 Frequency, C/A code, 66 channels
- High Sensitivity:Up to -165dBm tracking, superior urban performances
- Position Accuracy:< 3m CEP (50%) without SA (horizontal)
- Low Power Consumption:48mA @ acquisition, 37mA @ tracking
- Low shut-down current consumption:15uA, typical
- Support AGPS function ( Offline mode : EPO valid up to 14 days )
- Includes a molex cable adapter, 10 cm
- Weight: 0.33oz; 9.45 g
NOTE: Our firmware is only compatible with the PA6B module.
- EM-406/uBlox/MTK Adapter Cable
- MediaTek MT3329 GPS V2.0 Board