Program your robot to follow a black line over a white surface. This kit provides more design flexibility--you can also use it to program your robot for light sensing. A Programming Kit is needed to change the program in the VEX Controller.
- Navigate down a marked path.
- Use for light sensing.
- More autonomous function.
Function: A line tracker mostly consists of an infrared light sensor and an infrared LED. It functions by illuminating a surface with infrared light; the sensor then picks up the reflected infrared radiation and, based on its intensity, determines the reflectivity of the surface in question. Lightly colored surfaces will reflect more light than dark surfaces; therefore, lightly colored surfaces will appear brighter to the sensor. This allows the sensor to detect a dark line on a pale surface, or a pale line on a dark surface.
Applications: The line tracker enables a robot to autonomously navigate a line-marked path. By drawing a line in front of a robot outfitted with a line tracker, one can dictate the robot’s patch by showing it where to go without using a remote controller. A typical application uses three line trackers, with the middle sensor aligned directly above the intended line.
- (3)Line follower sensor
- (1)Mounting bar, holds 3 line sensors
- (5)8-32 3/8" Screws
- (5)Keps nuts
- (1)Path Map
- (1)Inventor's Guide Insert
- All VEX Microcontrollers.
- 3-Wire Extension Cables.
- Type:Light reflected from dark lines and a bright floor
- Sensor:Infrared light sensor and infrared LED
- Optimal Range:1/8in (3mm)
- Line Width:0.25 in. minimum, optimal line width is 0.5"
- 3-Wire Cable
- Connect to three analog inputs.
- White:control signal
- Line follower sensor0.034 lbs (15.4 grams)
- Mounting bar0.080 lbs (36.3 grams)
- 8-32 3/8" Screw0.0026 lbs (1.19 grams)
- Keps nut0.0029 lbs (1.32 grams) Actual weight one one item (no packaging)
|Inventor's Guide - Line Follower : Download|