This uneven terrain traveling hexapod comes with eighteen(18) CDS5516 high performance 300 degree rotation servos
which gives this hexapod 18 degrees of freedom. The CDS5516 servos have more than 14kg/cm of max holding torque
allowing the hexapod to stand on only two feet.
The CDS5516 servos have the capability of returning their current angle, torque, and working temperature when polled
via serial interface. This feature allows for greater accuracy and control of each individual servo. Giving you access
to critical information about each servo will also allow you to troubleshoot your sketches. The arduino mega 1280 and
Mega IO expansion shield included in this robot kit make this hexapod a powerful, yet DIY-friendly robotics platform.
The Mega's 54 I/O pins and multiple serial communications ports allow you to add many additional sensors and modules
for all your robotic needs.
- Power supply:
- It is possible to power the whole robot with only one 7.4v battery for the Arduino mega board as well as for both servo driver boards.
- Servos specifications:
- Max holding torque: >14 kgf.cm
- Weight: 61 g
- Slewing range/servo mode: 300°
- Max rotate velocity: 0.18 sec/60°
- Hexapod robot frame kit * 1.
- 2mm*8mm self-tapping screws *25.
- 2mm*5mm self-tapping screws *50.
- 4mm*10mm screws and nuts *72.
- 3mm*8mm screws and nuts *30.
- 3mm*5mm screws and nuts *25.
- Footstep bearing * 6.
- M3*6mm nylon screws and nut * 4.
- M3*50mm hexagonal standoff * 4.
- Arduino Mega 2560 microcontroller board * 1.
- Mega IO Expansion Shield V2.0 For Arduino Mega * 1.
- Uptech CDS5516 Servos * 18.
- Servo driver board * 2.
- 7.4v battery * 1.
- Jumper Wires 9" F/F Pack of 10*1.
- Xbee wireless communication module & Joystick remote controller (For remote control).
- Sensors: Ultrasonic range sensor, IR range sensor.
|Servo Data Sheet : Download|