The GPS-PA6B is the world’s smallest (16mm x 16mm), single-chip, complete solution GPS engine module. It integrates a finely tuned, highly sensitive Patch On Top (POT) ceramic antenna utilizing the SmartAntenna technology. This tiny GPS module is an ideal solution for those who want to incorporate GPS functionality into their design without having to worry about RF noise interference or any additional antenna fine tuning adjustments. Due to its high sensitivity, it is able to excel in tracking performances under urban landscapes or other environments where GPS signals can be difficult to acquire.
The module is powered by MediaTek Inc. (MTK) 66 channel single chip architecture, the MT3329. This GPS module engine board has an extraordinary compact design with excellent tracking performance, accurate positioning and highest sensitivity. Its small size and SMD format makes it ideal for use in small-form factor devices and applications and can be integrated easily with maximum degree of flexibility. It is the best choice for any system designer who wishes to simplify a GPS system integration in their design.
- Based on MediaTek Single Chip Architecture, MT3329.
- Module Dimensions : 16mm x 16mm x 6mm.
- Patch Antenna Dimensions : 15mm x 15mm x 4mm.
- L1 Frequency, C/A code, 66 channels.
- High Sensitivity : Up to -165dBm tracking, superior urban performance.
- Position Accuracy : < 3m CEP (50%) without SA (horizontal).
- Support up 210 PRN channels.
- Jammer detection and reduction.
- Multi-path detection and compensation.
- Cold Start : under 35 seconds (Typical).
- Warm Start : under 34 seconds (Typical).
- Hot Start : under 1 second (Typical).
- Low Power Consumption : 48mA during acquisition, 37mA during tracking.
- Low shut-down current consumption : 15uA, typical.
- Support AGPS function (Offline mode : EPO valid up to 14 days).
- DGPS(WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS) support (optional by firmware).
- UART interface, 4800 baud.
- USB interface.
- Supports NMEA0183 V3.01 data protocol.
- FCC E911 compliance.
- RoHS Compliant.