DFRduino GPS Shield for Arduino uses ublox LEA-5H.
The LEA-5H is a high performance stand-alone GPS and GALILEO receiver module designed to allow easy, straightforward migration from its LEA-4 predecessors. It features u-blox' KickStart weak signal acquisition technology, as well as flexible connectivity options. The LEA-5H comes with built-in Flash memory that enables firmware updates and the storage of specific configuration settings in a non-volatile RAM. The built-in antenna supervisor supports external and active antennas, such as u-blox' ANN high performance GPS antenna.
u-blox KickStart provides accelerated startup at weak signals, and our featured SuperSense® Indoor GPS is capable of tracking and acquiring even extremely weak signals. This makes the LEA-5H suitable for solutions using small or covert antennas.
- Easy migration from LEA-4H and LEA-4P modules
- Accelerated startup at weak signals thanks to KickStart Technology
- Operating voltage: 2.7 - 3.6 V
- LEA-5H Reference design documentation available with ceramic or GeoHelix antenna, UART and USB
- 2 Hz position update rate
- Built-In Flash memory for fimware upgrades and storage of specific configuration settings
- Antenna supervisor and supply
- Antenna short and open circuit detection and protection for external antennas
- 1 UART, 1 USB and 1 DDC (I2C compliant) interface
- 50-channel u-blox 5 engine with over 1 million effective correlators
- Under 1 second Time-To-First-Fix for Hot and Aided Starts
- SuperSense® Indoor GPS: -160 dBm tracking sensitivity
- Supports AssistNow Online and AssistNow Offline A-GPS services; OMA SUPL compliant
- Supports SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, GAGAN)
- Operating temperature range: -40 to 85°C
- RoHS compliant (lead-free)
- GPS Shield (1 unit)
- Passive Attena (1 unit)