Emergence is the science of how complex behaviors can arise from lots of smaller, simpler interactions. Cubelets harvest the awesome power of emergent behavior so that you can stack, snap, shuffle and otherwise assemble your own robot without any programming or any wires.
Cubelets are magnetic blocks that can be snapped together to make an endless variety of robots. You can build robots that drive around on a tabletop, respond to light, sound, and temperature, and have surprisingly lifelike behavior. But instead of programming that behavior, you snap the cubelets together and watch the behavior emerge like with a flock of birds or a swarm of bees.
Each cubelet in the kit has different equipment on board and a different default behavior. There are Sense Blocks that act like our eyes and ears, Action blocks which affect the world around your robot, and Think blocks which are like your brain.
Note: Cubelets require a special battery and charger. They come with batteries and we will be carrying the charger very soon.
- Drive Block: A motor and wheels to get your robot moving
- Flashlight Block: A bright white LED which emits a focused beam of light
- Brightness Block: Detects the level of ambient light
- Distance Block: An Infrared range finder accurate between 10 and 80 cm
- Battery Block: The power-plant for your robot
- Passive Block: A pass-through you can use to connect the other blocks