Kit includes a pair of simple bumper switches custom built for the VEX Robotics Design System. Ruggedized Bumpers allow the switch to be triggered by large impacts without sustaining damage.
- Provide feedback to Microcontroller as events "happen".
- Rugged bumpers allow switch to be triggered without damage.
- Useful as a trigger in a variety of applications.
- Functionality is pre-programmed in the VEX Microcontroller.
Bumper Switch Sensor: The bumper sensor is a physical switch. It tells the robot whether the bumper on the front of the sensor is being pushed in or not.
Switch Info: SPST switch (“Single Pole, Single Throw”) configured for Normally Open behavior.
Signal Behavior: When the switch is not being pushed in, the sensor maintains a digital HIGH signal on its sensor port. This High signal is coming from the Microcontroller. When an external force (like a collision or being pressed up against a wall) pushes the switch in, it changes its signal to a digital LOW until the switch is released. An unpressed switch is indistinguishable from an open port.
- (2)Bumper Switches
- (4)8-32 3/8" Screws
- (4)Keps Nuts
- (1)Inventors Guide Insert
- All VEX Microcontrollers.
- 3-Wire Extension Cables.
- Trigger Force:5.06 oz typical
- Switch Type:SPST (single pole - single throw)
- Switch Connection:Wired to normally open (OFF)
- 3-Wire Cable
- Red:No Connect
- White:control signal
- Bumper Switch0.042 lbs (19.05 grams)
- 8-32 3/8" Screw0.0026 lbs (1.19 grams)
- Keps nut0.0029 lbs (1.32 grams)
- Actual weight one one item (no packaging)
|Inventor's Guide - Sensors : Download|