The BASIC Stamp® 2sx OEM Module (Kit Form) is a through-hole version of the popular BASIC Stamp 2sx module that you can build yourself. The kit includes the PBASIC2sx interpreter, EEPROM, resonator, DB-9, and all the resistors and transistors needed to build a BASIC Stamp 2sx module. When completed, the PCB is a 20-pin SIP module with standard 0.1" spacing.
This is a fully-functional BASIC Stamp 2sx microcontroller. It is programmed using our BASIC Stamp Editor for Windows just like the BS2SX-IC module.
- Designed to teach the BASIC Stamp 2sx circuitry to aid in designing smaller integrated modules using SMT components
- PCB includes labeled component locations with visible traces between parts making it easy to visually follow all electrical paths
- PBASIC2sx interpreter and EEPROM are socketed to allow for easy replacement
- Completed module fits into breadboards and prototyping PCBs
- Assembled board: 20-pin SIP (0.1" spacing)
- Voltage requirements: 5.0 to 7.5 VDC
- Current requirements: 80 mA
- Communication: Serial
- Dimensions: 2.0 x 2.0 x 0.55 in (51 x 51 x 14 mm)
- Operating temp range: +32 to +158 °F (0 to +70 °C)
- 4.7K 1/8W 5% Resistor (#150-04720)
- 10K 1/8W 5% Resistor (#150-01030)
- 10uF Electrolytic Capacitor (#201-01062)
- 0.1uF Mono Radial Capacitor (#200-01040)
- 2N3904 Transistor (#500-00001)
- 2N3906 Transistor (#500-00003)
- PBASIC2SX/P 28-pin Interpreter Chip (#PBASIC2SX/P)
- 24LC128-I/P EEPROM (#602-00013)
- 50 MHz Ceramic Resonator (#250-05060)
- LM2940-5.0 Voltage regulator (#601-00506)
- Low-power mode is only available when the regulator is removed and the BASIC Stamp 2sx OEM module is powered via the vdd pin. The Parallax warranty is voided if the OEM kit is not assembled and soldered as per the printed instructions included in the kit. Contact Technical Support if you have any questions relating to the assembly of this product.
- Once assembled, this product is NOT eligible for returning to Parallax.
- Need more information on the BASIC Stamp? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions about the BASIC Stamp.