PRODUCTION NOTICE: In 2012, a critical part used in the production of the BS2px was discontinued by it's original manufacturer. We worked closely with another manufacturer in 2012 to have a similar part made and delivered to us. The production quantities of that part were delivered to Parallax much later than expected, leaving us without parts to build more BS2px modules. In February 2013, production parts arrived, but did not work as expected. Parallax is currently diagnosing and engineering a solution to make a reliable product again. We apologize for the out-of-stock status of this product and are working hard to solve the problem and return to production status as soon as possible.
The BASIC Stamp 2px24 serves as the brains inside of electronics projects and applications that require a programmable microcontroller. It is able to control and monitor timers, keypads, motors, sensors, switches, relays, lights, and more. Programming is performed in an easy-to-learn language called PBASIC.
All vital components (processor, clock source, memory, power regulator) are provided on the BS2px24's tiny PCB; just connect power and go! Projects needing small, permanent soldering area for circuitry may benefit from combining the BS2px24 with the BASIC Stamp 2 Carrier Board (#27120) or the Super Carrier Board (#27130). For lower-cost OEM solutions, the processor (PBASIC2px24 interpreter) and other components are available for integration into your PCB.
The BS2px24 is useful for those that have previous experience with the BS2 and would like more speed or special I/O configuration functions.
For customers that require a more powerful, multi-processing microcontroller, we recommend the Propeller microcontroller.
- Small form factor requires very little space
- Non-volitile memory holds up to 4,000 instructions even without power
- PBASIC commands are easy to learn and remember
- Comercial rated since Rev A
- Processor Speed: 32 MHz Turbo; ~19,000 PBASIC instructions/sec
- PBASIC Commands: 63
- Package: 24-pin DIP
- I/O pins: 16 + 2 dedicated serial
- RAM Size: 38 Bytes (12 I/O, 26 Variable)
- Scratch Pad RAM: 128 bytes
- EEPROM (Program) Size: 8 x 2 KBytes; ~4,000 PBASIC instructions
- Voltage requirements: 5.5 to 12 VDC (Vin), or 5 VDC (Vdd)
- Current requirements: 55 mA Run, 450 μA Sleep
- Source/Sink Current per I/O: 30 mA / 30 mA
- Source/Sink Current per unit: 60 mA / 60 mA per 8 I/O pins
- Communication: Serial (9600 baud for programming)
- Dimensions: 1.20 x 0.63 x 0.15 in (30.0 x 16.0 x 3.81 mm)
- Operating temp range: +32 to +158 °F (0 to +70 °C)