The BASIC Stamp 2pe serves as the brains inside of electronics projects and applications that require a programmable microcontroller. It is able to control and monitor timers, keypads, motors, sensors, switches, relays, lights, and more. Programming is performed in an easy-to-learn language called PBASIC.
All vital components (processor, clock source, memory, power regulator) are provided on the BS2pe's tiny PCB; just connect power and go! Projects needing small, permanent soldering area for circuitry may benefit from combining the BS2pe with the BASIC Stamp 2 Carrier Board (#27120) or the Super Carrier Board (#27130). For lower-cost OEM solutions, the processor (PBASIC2pe interpreter) and other components are available for integration into your PCB.
The BS2pe is useful for those that have previous experience with the BS2 and are building battery-powered or data logging applications. The execution speed is slower than the BS2p and the sleep and nap wake-up interval is less than 1 ms, so battery life is extended significantly.
For customers that require a more powerful, multi-processing microcontroller, we recommend the Propeller microcontroller.
- Small form factor requires very little space
- Non-volitile memory holds up to 4,000 instructions even without power
- PBASIC commands are easy to learn and remember
- Commercial rating since Rev B
- Processor Speed: 8 MHz Turbo; ~6,000 PBASIC instructions/sec
- PBASIC Commands: 61
- Package: 24-pin DIP
- I/O pins: 16 + 2 dedicated serial
- RAM Size: 38 Bytes (12 I/O, 26 Variable)
- Scratch Pad RAM: 128 bytes
- EEPROM (Program) Size: 16 x 2 KBytes; (16 K for source; ~4,000 PBASIC instructions)
- Voltage requirements: 5.5 to 12 VDC (Vin), or 5 VDC (Vdd)
- Current requirements: 15mA Run, 150 μA Sleep
- Source/Sink Current per I/O: 30 mA / 30 mA
- Source/Sink Current per unit: 60 mA / 60 mA per 8 I/O pins
- Communication: Serial (9600 baud for programming)
- Dimensions: 1.20 x 0.63 x 0.15 in (30.0 x 16.0 x 3.81 mm)
- Operating temp range: +32 to +158 °F (0 to +70 °C)