The µOLED-32024-P1T is a compact and cost effective all in one ‘SMART” display module using the latest state of the art Active Matrix OLED (AMOLED) technology with an embedded PICASO-GFX graphics controller that delivers ‘stand-alone’ functionality to any project. The ‘easy to learn and use’ 4D Graphics Language (4DGL) with its vast built in library functions will allow rapid application development.
4DGL is a graphics oriented programming language, allowing the developer to write applications in a high level syntax similar to popular languages such as BASIC, C, Pascal and run it directly on the PICASO-GFX processor embedded in the µOLED-32024-P1T module.
4DGL allows the user to take complete control of all available resources on that hardware platform such as the Serial Port, Graphics AMOLED Display, µSD memory card, I/O pins, etc. This eliminates the need for an external host controller/processor to drive the µOLED-32024-P1T module via serial commands. It provides the user complete control over the hardware module allowing them to quickly develop powerful applications.
- PC with Windows XP or Vista operating system. You will also need the .NET Framework available from the Microsoft website if it's not already installed on your system.
- µUSB-MB5 or the µUSB-CE5. These are USB to Serial converter modules and are essential hardware tools for programming the PICASO-GFX processor with PmmC system firmware files and for downloading 4DGL user application code from the PC into the PICASO-GFX, via the serial port. You will need to install the the appropriate drivers onto your system. The drivers can be found in the µUSB-MB5 or the µUSB-CE5 product pages.
- The PmmC-Loader is a Windows based software tool to aid in programming the PICASO-GFX processor, embedded in the µOLED-32024-P1T module, with PmmC system files. The PmmC file is uploaded and programmed into the module via its Serial Port. This software tool is available free of charge.
- 4DGL Workshop IDE (Integrated Development Environment). The Workshop IDE consists of the 4DGL Editor, the 4DGL Compiler and the 4DGL User Code Downloader. This software tool is available free of charge.
- A step-by-step Quick Start Guide is available to help you get started.
The µOLED-32024-P1T module is aimed at being integrated into a variety of different applications via a wealth of features designed to facilitate any given functionality quickly and cost effectively and thus reduce ‘time to market’. These features are as follows:
There are 4 modules in the µOLED-3202X-P1 series:
- µOLED-32024-P1 : 2.4" non-touch
- µOLED-32024-P1T : 2.4" with-touch
- µOLED-32028-P1 : 2.83" non-touch
- µOLED-32028-P1T : 2.83" with-touch
- QVGA 240 x RGB x 320 pixel resolution with 256, 65K or 262K true to life colours enhanced AMOLED screen.
- Near 180 degree viewing angle.
- All modules use the same controller board. PCB Size: 49.1 x 67.3 x 11.0mm.
- Easy 5 pin user interface (VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET) to any 4D micro-USB module such as µUSB-MB5 or the µUSB-CE5.
- Voltage supply from 4.5V to 5.5V, current @ 90mA nominal when using a 5.0V supply source.
- Powered by the fully integrated PICASO-GFX Graphics Processor (PICASO-GFX chip is also available for OEM customers).
- Onboard micro-SD (µSD) memory card adaptor with full FAT16 file support for storing and executing 4DGL programs, files, icons, images, animations, video clips and audio wave files. 64Mb to 2Gig µSD memory cards can be purchased separately.
- Built in extensive 4DGL graphics and system library functions. For all available features and functions under the 4DGL programming language please visit the 4DGL web page.
- 2 x 30 pin headers for I/O expansion and future plug-in daughter boards.
- Audio amplifier with a tiny 8-Ohms speaker for sound generation and wave file playback.
- Mechanical support via mounting tabs which can be snapped off.
NOTE: Both the 2.4" and the 2.83" screens use the same controller board which is designed to the dimensions of the 2.83" display. The 2.4" display on the µOLED-32024-P1 and the µOLED-32024-P1T modules will appear smaller on the larger controller board.